Product nameImmunoprecipitation kit
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Abcam’s Immunoprecipitation Kit (ab206996) can be used to perform immunoprecipitation (IP) and Co-IP for functional studies of immunoprecipitated proteins/complexes and SDS-PAGE or western blot analysis of immunoprecipitated proteins and complexes.
Abcam’s Immunoprecipitation Kit provides optimized buffers for preparing cell/tissue extracts, antigen binding and washing steps. The Protein A/G Sepharose® beads provided in the kit have a higher binding capacity with broader antibody isotype binding than traditional Protein A or Protein G resins.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IPmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 25 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 20ml Lysis Buffer (non-denaturing) 1 x 40ml Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (lyophilized) 1 vial Protein A/G Sepharose® 1 x 1ml RIPA Lysis Buffer 1 x 40ml
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab206996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Huh7 cultured with Si-OH, Si-NH2, or PS-NH2 NPs (all 50 µg/ml) bearing BSA or RNase (both 50 µM) as hard protein corona or bare NPs for 4 h. After 4 h post NP treatment, cells were lysed with lysis buffer from immunoprecipitation kit (Abcam). RagC-mTOR complexes were co-immunoprecipitated from the precleared cell lysates with appropriate Ab as described in the manufacturer's instruction. The resulting protein complex was eluted from the beads with Laemmli protein sample buffer for SDS-PAGE and resolved on SDS-PAGE with specific antibody against mTOR
Comparison of immunoprecipitation using Protein A beads and Immunoprecipitation kit ab206996. HDAC2 activity assay of the antigen-antibody complex captured using Protein A beads or ab206996 by following the same protocol demonstrates that ab206996 is more efficient in IP than Protein A beads.
ab206996 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- George Z et al. The molecular mechanism of induction of unfolded protein response by Chlamydia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 508:421-429 (2019). PubMed: 30503337
- Wiktorowicz JE et al. Integrated Functional Analysis of the Nuclear Proteome of Classically and Alternatively Activated Macrophages. Mediators Inflamm 2019:3481430 (2019). PubMed: 31182931
- House CD et al. I??e cooperates with either MEK or non-canonical NF-kB driving growth of triple-negative breast cancer cells in different contexts. BMC Cancer 18:595 (2018). PubMed: 29801480
- Lunova M et al. Nanoparticle core stability and surface functionalization drive the mTOR signaling pathway in hepatocellular cell lines. Sci Rep 7:16049 (2017). PubMed: 29167516
- Ogawa T et al. ST6GALNAC1 plays important roles in enhancing cancer stem phenotypes of colorectal cancer via the Akt pathway. Oncotarget 8:112550-112564 (2017). PubMed: 29348846